It is necessary to have copper in your body. However, when you have either too much copper or not enough copper, you can have issues with your body. Copper toxicity, known as copperiedus, is when your body has collected too much copper.
Copper toxicity can be caused from many different things such as consuming acidic foods which were cooked in copper cookware which is uncoated. You can also be exposed to too much copper if you drink water with an excess or other sources in the environment.
Symptoms of Copper Toxicity
- If you have reoccurring feelings of doom, you could have too much copper in your system.
- Fatigue and exhaustion are also signs of copper toxicity.
- Having a slow thyroid, also known as hypothyroid.
- Your mind being in a state of fuzziness or fogginess.
- Reoccurring headaches or more serious migraines.
- Mood swings when you shouldn’t be having any.
- If you are not normally an extremely sensitive person and you’ve developed super sensitivity.
- If your hands are not normally cold but suddenly you have cold hands or/and cold feet.
- If you have developed depression out of nowhere.
- Dry skin can also be a symptom of copper toxicity.
- A sudden craving for chocolate when you are not normally a sweet craver.
- If you feel like you have lost all control.
- Sudden and unexplainable paranoia.
- Severe depression leading to feelings of despair, hopelessness, and contemplating suicide.
- Development of arthritis or calcium spurs.
- You may become constipated.
- Your heart races and/or pounds more frequently.
- Your body now has a bad reaction to vitamins and other minerals.
- Your mind will not focus or concentrate like it once did.
- Eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating may develop.
- You may experience higher levels of anxiety.
- You may have muscle soreness, achiness, or muscle cramps.
- You could develop hypoglycemia.
- Yeast infections may be more frequent.
- Your mental attention will not be the same and you will have a much shorter attention span.
As you can see, having an excess of copper in your system leads to nothing good. Do not be too quick to jump to conclusions, always have a doctor check you out before diagnosing yourself with an excess of copper in your system.
When detoxing your body from having too much copper, you will feel worse before you start to get better, which may discourage some people. Don’t be discouraged, after you are over the excess copper, you will feel much better and be back to your normal self.